Monday, April 17, 2006

Bedtimes, Baking, Books and Bob Barker

At the start of this year, I made my new year's resolutions. If you don't remember, they were:
  • Finish my novel
  • Attend a taping of The Price is Right
  • Go to bed earlier
  • Cook for myself more often

So here's an update on how I'm doing with those...

1. The Book
I'm still writing but I got really stuck on one part. This story being told in this book is directly from a brief period of my family's history. I need to do what I can to protect them but I also need the story to have some connectivity. So I'm working on getting over that hump. I still don't have a title for the book either.

2. Bob Barker
I AM DOING THIS ONE NEXT MONTH!!!!! I am going to California with my brother and my sweetie. We are meeting up with my girl friend, B, who lives out there. The 4 of us will be attending a taping of The Price is Right on Tuesday, May 30. It will air on CBS on June 6, 2006. The producers interview every single person in the audience and that is how they choose who will 'come on down.' To be honest, I don't want to go onstage. I just want to be that annoying person in the audience that yells prices to the contestants.

3. Bedtimes
This one didn't work for me. I really, really did try. I moved my cleaning times, I switched my evening rituals and even got my clothes ready a whole week in advance. But I still need time to watch the back up of programs on my TiVo and most importantly, I need talk time with my sweetie. Sometimes, our first long chat about our day doesn't start til 9:00 p.m. And nobody can convince me to hit the hay before having a long chat with my sweetie.

4. Baking
I do cook for myself more often. I'm very proud of myself, actually. I have found recipes that are more conducive to the single lifestyle... things that reheat well or can be made in smaller portions. I also have found that I can save some serious cash by not going out for meals. But my downfall is baking. I need a baker's course or something. Don't get me wrong, I have no intentions of entering a pastry bake-off or anything like that. I just need more baking education. Who teaches stuff like that?

So there's the update on my resolutions. Did you make any? How are they coming along?


Oh... I saw the guy who played Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite. Took a quick pic.
















Yes, that is the Selena memorial statue behind me.

No comments: