Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Wedding Story

Ok,

I apologize for taking forever to finish up this story...but here goes. So I'm in NY for my friend's wedding. We get there and everyone is super duper nice. I'm taking sugary sweet, man. The ceremony was positively beautiful. It was meaningful and deep - which was very different from the quickie weddings I've been to lately.

After the ceremony, the wedding party had to go up to the front of the church for pictures. My sweetie, M, was in the back taking photos with another friend of mine that was at the wedding. One of the ladies from the church walked over to them and said hello. We'd met her the night before at the rehearsal dinner. Let's just call her B for the sake of privacy. So, B walks over to M and starts talking about the lovely ceremony. M comments to her that the church itself was lovely. It's nestled in a wooded area full of large trees and hills. B looks right at him and says, "Yes, but this area is changing. People are forgetting about what happened on September 11 and they 're letting the Muslims into this area." She said it with a firey tone and almost metamorphosied into Hitler.

What made me mad was that we were in a church. No one should say crass comments like that in a church. Secondly, B is the pastor's WIFE. How could this "Christian" woman say such a nasty thing? Finally, she said that we are all forgetting what happened on September 11 to my sweetie.... who's a FIREFIGHTER! Of course he did not forget what happened. He almost cried at the World Trade Center Site. Firefighters are a brotherhood - he still aches for those that died that day. How dare she make such an insulting comment to my M. If that bitch were not pushing 60, I would have given her a titty twister on the spot!

No comments: