Wednesday, January 18, 2006

January

This month is only 18 days old -this year is only 18 days old- but so far we're off to a good start. I hope this momentum continues.

5 Cool Things About January (so far):
  • My mom won a kick ass award for her job as a Family Services Coordinator at an elementary school. She is the new Top Partnership Liaison for the state of Texas.
  • My older sister and her family won Family of the Year for the town she lives in.
  • My birds, Napoleon and Pedro, turned a year old this month.
  • I perfected my Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe.
  • My sweetie and I celebrate 6 months TODAY!

5 Crappy Things About January (so far):

  • I thought I was eating a black jelly bean, but it was a mutant bean with multiple flavors and they were all bad.
  • My Wonder Woman mouse pad had to be thrown away because of a freak accident involving a three hole punch.
  • American Express withdrew the wrong amount out of my checking account for my last payment; thus making my car payment, phone bill and cable bill late.
  • My neighbor's outdoor faucet broke and flooded his yard and mine.
  • My other neighbor's daughter quit Girl Scouts and I have no link to the cookies this year.

All in all, the good outweighs the bad by a landslide. Here's hoping 2006 brings better things than 2005.

No comments: