Sunday, July 24, 2005

Work

So it's Sunday night and I'm trying to get motivated for work. Here are 3 reasons I dislike work and 3 reasons I can't live without it.

Dislikes:
1. We kinda have this "community" office area. We are practically sitting in each other's laps all day and there's absolutely no privacy. I don't really need to know the exact medications of my coworkers or the date of their last colonoscopy.

2. The dude that sits near me keeps a small fan running 24/7. It blows up all the dust and makes me sneeze...not to mention I'm the only freak wearing sweaters in July because it's just that cold in the office.

3. I work for a school district and the teachers come back this week. The phone rings nonstop now and the e-mails are flooding my inbox. I already miss the quiet, peaceful days of summer.

Likes:
1. One of my best friends works in my building and she sends me dirty e-mails. Seriously, she and I should publish a book of our e-mail exchanges...we kick ass!

2. The dude that sits near me (the one with the fan) also keeps a radio going 24/7. He keeps it on Sunny 97.1 and if you live near Dallas you know there is all kinds of goodness coming from that radio station. Sometimes, I can even convince my coworkers to dance with me in the office.

3. My job can be so much fun sometimes. No, seriously. Since I started this job, I've been able to do some killer things...like design my own web pages, pet an alligator, tour Southfork Ranch (the one from the tv show Dallas), play with all kinds of new software and sometimes boss people around.

But as it gets later and later, I realize that I still have no clean clothes for tomorrow. I have not packed my lunch. I can't find my watch. I don't think I have gas in the Jetta. Ugh...

No comments: