Monday, July 25, 2005

Getting Tom Cruised

Today was a whirl. I sat in a meeting for 4 hours and it was such a snoozefest. Then I spent the rest of the day working on projects at work. One of them really pissed me off. I call it "Getting Tom Cruised." Here's what happened...I did some changes to a website for another person in my building and she didn't like them. She wanted it to have moving graphics and some weird color scheme - she actually had pages of notes with things for me to change. And all the things she suggested were poop. The thing is, I've worked for years learning the principals of design...and she's never taken 1 design class. So why is she suddenly telling me how to do my job?

She totally Tom Cruised me. She knows positively nothing about this topic and has no room to cast judgement on it. But there she goes...running her mouth as if suddenly she's an expert in my field.

She would shit Pop Rocks if I told her how to do her job. And the mean 8th grade girl in me wants to Tom Cruise her back. But I hate Tom Cruise so much that I just won't do it. Damn you, Tom.

No comments: