Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Coffee Maker Funeral

Ok, so yesterday I discovered that my darling little 4-cup coffee maker bit the dust. This was a major bummer and here's why...

When I bought my house everyone told me I was crazy because I had never even lived alone. Why would single, little me buy a house? Truth is, that house swept me off my feet and we have continued our real estate love affair for almost 5 years now. In yo face, naysayers!

The downside of buying a house before you are married is all the expensive loot you must buy to make the house a home. I had no bridal shower or wedding reception to provide me with things like a toaster oven, a blender, real plates and, of course, a coffee maker. Plus, I had to adjust my spending for the mortgage. So I budgeted and slowly started buying stuff for the house. And every birthday and Christmas I was begging for a "house something." I hated sending out my Christmas wish list filled with things like an electric drill and a rake instead of Cynthia Rowley heels and a Yorkie-Poo. But over time, I was done and the "Pimp My House" years were gone.

Also, finding that perfect coffee maker was NOT easy. I needed a 4-cupper that was short enough to fit under my cabinet and no paper filter required - save a tree! And I didn't want a digital read-out because I want to unplug it after I use it - save energy! Of course, to match the kitchen, it needed to be white - save HGTV! A tall order, indeed! I called it my "Starbucks Tall Order!" But one magical day in 2003 I was in Target and found it *on sale* ...and yesterday, it died.

In the last 24 hours I have been to 3 stores and roughly 2,386 web sites. Still no replacement. I hope you have set aside some cash for a coffee maker. My birthday is in 2 weeks.

No comments: