Friday, February 16, 2007

2 More Down

I watched 2 more movies from my list and here's what I think.

Volver - It's in Spanish - not my kind of Spanish but in Spain Spanish. There were some difference but the subtitles helped. This movie is intense and has a very serious, dramatic theme. But the actors are so good they actually give it a calm, graceful delivery. Penelope Cruz is worthy of an Oscar nod. I wish she would win, but I don't think she will. Rent it so you can rewind if you miss a subtitle.

The Queen - This movie should have been called Tony Blair's Queen or The Queen and Tony. It basically just tells a version of what happened in the week following Princess Diana's death. Tony Blair is urging the "Palace" to make a statement and he is carefully but firmly encouraging the "Palace" to be more considerate about the death. I thought it would be more of a biography-type thing. But no dice... rent it.

I still have about 7 more movies to go...and now I have to add Factory Girl and Bridge to Terabithia. Wonder if I'll have time to see all 5 of the movies nomiated for movie of the year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The husband and I had date night this weekend. He picked Smokin Aces. Thumbs down. Must miss.