Thursday, September 08, 2005

Just stuff...

Some really cool stuff has been going on lately...let's get rolling with it....

I got a kick ass TiVo for freeeeeee! I was all excited and I even forked over the Three Hundy lifetime subscription fee. Then that TiVo crapped out on me. I called customer service and they actually told me I had a "gremlin" in my TiVo box. Man, that Gremlins movie scared the shit out of me as a child. How the hell could that dude say that to me? Anyway, I almost gave up entirely and got my money back. Then I even thought about taking the TiVo apart just so I could see the proverbial gremlin. But I got it all working again. And I LOVE me some TiVo now. That thing is going to change my whole perspective of television. The shows I used to give up on -just because of bad timing- will now have a chance.

Man, I signed up for some belly dancing classes. I shit you not. We meet on Thursday nights from 6 - 7 p.m. for 8 weeks straight - my first class is at the end of the month. I have to buy a scarf set and one of those skirts with the bells on the hips. How cool is that? I was kinda bummed about the class time because I'm gonna miss the first part of The O.C. But that's what TiVo is for...right?? See what I mean about changing my television perspective?

I went to the MAC Cosmetics store in a mall near my house. Girls in the world, hear my words: get to a MAC Store and load up. That stuff is like magic in a bottle/powder/pencil etc. Truly amazing stuff. Anyway... my girl friend G told me that MAC was having some kind of promotional event at the store. So we went. As soon as we walked in, they offered us a drink. And it was not some watered down kool-aid in a dixie cup. It was Bacardi Limon with punch! So we hit the drinks right away. Then this dude came out wearing nothing but the tiniest shorts I've ever seen. This dude must have stolen the shorts from Lara Flynn Boyle. Anyway, he had his whole body painted with a variety of browns, yellows and oranges. His hair had twigs and moss in it...he kinda looked like a hunky tree that came to life. Except that he was carrying a tray of fruit. I felt weird taking food from him so I declined and stuck to the Bacardi.

I've got some cool things coming up soon... I was asked to be a Godmother to my nephew. That's at the end of the month. Oh! And I'm planning a visit to see M the hottie firefighter. M lives about 6 hours from me so this is going to take some serious planning and serious gas money. Talk to you guys soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.