Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dancing Queen

Ok, so in March I started taking tap dance classes with my friend, Laura. Tap 1 agreed with Laura and me. While our instructor wasn't always very good at explaining things, Laura and I did get much better over time. She and I can flap, shuffle-ball-change and even do The Ginger Rogers step. We were so stoked about our progress that we immediately signed up for the next class.

Tap II started a few weeks ago and it's kicking our ass! What happened, man? I was doing so good. I was like Paula Abdul in that video where she dances with that stupid cat. And now, I am looking like a gerbil on skates. This is the last tap class that is offered. So I'll have to move on to something else...

...and I just found that something else. I am signing up for belly dancing classes! I'm short and hispanic which is not necessarily the best combination for belly dancing. But I'm going to try. The first class isn't until the end of September. But I'm stoked, dudes. I'm actually going to learn a veil routine and I'll have to buy one of those skirts with the bells on the hips. Kick ass!!!

No comments: