Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Big Redneck Wedding

M called me two nights ago and said something I never though I'd hear him say, "Turn on your TV and put it on CMT." His peculiar request piqued my interest because we are not exactly country folk.

I switched over to the Country Music Television network and found a show called, "My Big Redneck Wedding." It's hosted by Tom Arnold and CMT was having a marathon of weddings! I was particulary moved by the wedding of Gail and John in Westover, Maryland.

Please, please try to catch the flea market wedding of Gail and John. Here are just 3 reasons why:

1. The groom didn't get on one knee to propose. Instead, he peed "Will you marry me?" onto a street for her to read.

2. As a wedding gift, Gail gave John a pink bowling ball that says, "Think of me when you touch your ball."

3. John wrote his own vows and here's a hilarious clip:

No comments: