Monday, September 11, 2006

Random Thoughts

So, some stuff has recently been floating through my life. I haven't had a chance to post because I've been lazy. But here I am... posting, finally.

First of all, I'm way behind on my phone call returns. People that called me 2 weeks ago are just now getting a call back from me. I had a super busy couple of weeks and phone calls were the first sacrifice. So if I haven't called you back please don't think I'm being a bad friend - I'm spending all my free time on this posting.

If you know me then you know why I sometimes go to Corpus Christi. Lately, I have been paying very close attention to the Whataburger situation in Plano and CC. A compare/contrast, if you will. Here's what I know... The Plano phone book lists 4 Whataburger Restaurants. Sometimes I drive by the one close to my house and it's really busy at lunchtime - but not any other time. I discovered that Whataburger was founded in CC in 1950. The CC phone book lists 33 Whataburgers! As you drive around town, you'll spot one everywhere you go and they are always packed. In fact, the few McDonald's restaurants they do have are usually very empty. So, is it fair to say that Corpus is the Burger-Bizarro of Plano?

Oh, one last thing. I have totally gotten addicted to my new bike! That thing rocks. It's named Bonnie Blue and it's a sweet, sweet ride. I found a bike trail by my house and it's about a ten mile route. But I hope to take Bonnie Blue to Austin soon. That way if I see Lance Armstrong while I'm riding around, I can run right into him. I hate that dude.

Well, I better go. I have phone calls to return and a Whataburger to scope out. Take care friends!

No comments: