Friday, July 21, 2006

My Ex - Desperate Housewives

Blogger friends, it's official. I have broken up with Desperate Housewives. I even deleted it from my TiVo season pass lineup. Here's the scoop...

When I was first introduced to Desperate Housewives, I really wasn't interested. I felt that we didn't have anything in common as I am not a wife or desperate. So I basically blew it off even though it was asking me to hang out every Sunday night. Then one weekend, a group of friends were going to hang out and Desperate Housewives was there. So I gave it a chance. And to my surprise, I liked it! We started hanging out every Sunday night and I couldn't wait for our next meeting.

Then summer came and the season was over. I thought I would die... but then I remembered the re-runs. I had a lot of catching up to do with Desperate Housewives so I still kept watching on Sunday nights. Those re-runs are what made me fall in love with it and it's many characters.

Finally, fall came around and it was time to start a new, fresh season with my guilty pleasure. Each Sunday, I would gear up and get all ready for an exciting, thrilling ride. But each date was a let down. The magic was gone. Something in Desperate Housewives changed and I just couldn't get over it. I didn't even recognize it anymore... everything was wrong. I kept trying to watch because I just knew that it would come around. I didn't want to give up.

In order for a relationship to succeed, both sides have to work. And I felt as though I was the one doing all the work. I was the one having to forgive it everytime it was not living up to the expectations America had given it. I was the one having to defend it each time someone made fun of me for loving it. But the fight is over and I've moved on.

My TiVo will no longer be recording it and that means Sunday nights are free. We've been flirting with an Italian from New Jersey that wants that Sunday night spot. But he's a little shady and unpredictable and there are rumors that he's involved with the mob. So we'll see how that goes. Who knows, maybe something totally new will come in and sweep Sunday nights off its feet. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally concur with you about DH. In fact, as a Nielsens rating household I took it off my tivo(that's how my viewing is tracked). You ain't getting my support. My Sunday summer nights are dedicated to BigBrotherAllStars & Entourage. I love Lloyd!
And since my Nielsens status is confidential, I must remain anonymous, but CJ knows who I am.