Thursday, July 06, 2006

Junebug-less June

Wow, June passed me by. I looked at the calendar today and realized that I didn't post much in June. I actually made some funny observations in June and I really wanted to post them... I just didn't get around to it. There are many times in my day where I say, "Dude, that's so going into the blog." And yet, I just slack off. Sorry, friends. Here's the quick hit list:

Father's Day/Dad's Birthday
To celebrate my dad's two big days, I took him to Antares in Reunion Tower. For you non-Dallas people, that's the big building in downtown Dallas with the big ball at the top. The big ball is actually a restaurant that makes a full circle in about an hour. It moves rather slowly so you don't really feel as though you are moving. And if you've ever been in a car while my mom is driving then you kinda know what it feels like. We got to the restaurant and were starving. Dad ordered a big, fat steak and I ordered the seafood pasta. The waiter actually grinned after we placed our orders; he looked extraordinarily happy. Weird, right? Turns out the Reunion Hyatt (which it connected to Reunion Tower) was hosing a scout show for models. The restaurant was full of the models who only ordered hot tea and water. The waiter was so happy that us fatties ordered real food that he did a little Snoopy-Dance on his way back to the kitchen. I'm not even kidding.

Amarillo
I made a trip up to the Texas Panhandle. Yes, it's true... I grew up there in the plains of Texas. My roots came from the flat, plain soil that is Hereford, Texas. My roots now live on the east side of Plano, Texas and it seems odd that I still live in a "plain-o" part of Texas. Anyway... I have to make a whole new posting for my Amarillo trip because there is a lot to include. But to give you a little teaser, it involves my grandparents, a certain Livia Woodburn and her polaroid camera, The Eskimo Hut's frozen drinks and a flauta that spurted grease out of the bottom end when it was bitten. I'm sure the suspense is killing you. ;o)

No Junebugs!
Dudes, where are the Junebugs? How did we get all the way through June with none of those golden, flighty pests? Of course, I'm not necessarily fond of Junebugs... I'm more of a firefly type of girl. However, I noticed that I was able to leave my porch light on and not have to sweep out 5 Junebugs after opening my front door. I also didn't have my annual "Junebug Hair Freak Out" which involves a Junebug getting stuck in my hair and me flailing around and screaming. I think it's our oddball weather. We never really got a full-blown winter in this part of Texas and now it's wreaking havoc in the bug world. I miss you and your golden glory, Junebugs. Please come back next year!

No comments: