Thursday, April 21, 2011

51 Days!

In about 50 days we'll meet our son! He is scheduled to arrive on my Dad's birthday, June 11. But you never know about due dates... they tend to shift and change depending on the baby's development. Also, we have a very large, healthy boy on our hands. He's about a week ahead in development so the chances of him arriving early are very high. I guess we'll see. In the meantime, we're preparing as best we can and getting his nursery ready. Since my hubby is a fireman, the nursery is a fire truck theme and it's coming together quite nicely!

We're still on the fence about names. I sort of envy those who have already chosen names for their future children and know exactly what they plan to name them. That is so not M and me. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one, too.

Here's the funny part about this pregnancy: our doctor was featured on an episode of "16 and Pregnant." In December, I was flipping channels and landed on MTV. I heard a girl say that she lived in McKinney, TX and that her relatives in Harlingen, TX were going to adopt her baby. Since it had a local connection to me, I continued watching. Much to my surprise, when the teen went into labor and the doctor came in, it was MY doctor! The hubby and I were totally surprised to see him! So if you happen to catch Ashley's episode of "16 and Pregnant" you will see my doctor and have a much too personal look at what I'll be going through in about 7 weeks.

Here is a pic of our little guy at 31 weeks:

No comments: