Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spoiled Milk

I'm in the closet right now. I literally am sitting in my closet with M because there is a tornado nearby. The sirens went off, we grabbed Pedro the parakeet and ran to the closet. While I'm in here, I thought it would be a good time to tell the story about Milk. 

M and I went to see the movie Milk. I've been eager to see it and we finally got tickets over the weekend to a 10:15 p.m. showing. We bought our tickets early and went to have some cocktails. At 9:50 we went back to the theater and handed over our tickets. The Angelika theater employee said, "Theater 3 on the left." We went straight into the theater and realized that the previous showing was not yet over. And we happened to walk in right at THE pivotal point of the movie!!  I was so pissed at that girl for taking our tickets and telling us to go right on in. Ugh!! Sigh. Groan.

Don't get me wrong, most people know the history of Harvey Milk and how his story ends. But to see it happening on film right as we walked in was such a bummer. It spoiled Milk for me. However, the movie was still awesome. Go see it. And recruit a friend to go with you. 

Update: Sirens went off so I'm off. I have homework. 

No comments: