Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vera Vera

I read about a new colletion at Kohl's called Simply Vera Vera Wang. Naturally, the girly girl inside me did a little cartwheel and let out a little scream just thinking about it. So when the collection was unveiled at Kohl's I was in there with the other ladies clawing through the racks of luscious clothing.

What you may not know about me is that I've been a devout virtual Vera Wang follower for many, many years. I was only a virtual fan because her stuff is WAY out of my price range. But the Kohl's stuff was right in my price range and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of it.

The shirts were dainty, the pants were flowy, the sweaters were cozy, the coats were lovely. And not one thing fit me properly. My regular size fit me, but not well. One size smaller was all wrong; one size higher was far too large. Like the song says, "I've been waiting for this moment... but it's not quite right." Clearly, Vera was not thinking of curvy Latin girls when she created her new, affordable line.

Coming to the realization that the cutest outfit in the right price range doesn't fit well is like meeting a hot, smart guy who is single but is gayer than a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The good thing is that Vera did think about accessories including purses, shoes, home decor, etc. And I bought this on sale for $50. Not bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please get a tailor. Maybe you can find some who work out of their house and its not expensive. I get my "short" jeans fixed for $8.00 a pair. It's worth it.