Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Maybe Flies Are Good

If you have ever shared a meal with me in a restaurant, then you know I'm picky and I ask a lot of questions... but I'm always nice to the wait staff. So you can only imagine my shock and horror brought on by these two events:

El Fenix - 05.01.2007
My boss decided to take our group out to lunch to honor the administrative professionals in our office. It was a week after the official week...but better late than never. They decided to go to El Fenix. I looked through the menu and was surprised to see their lunch specials were around ten bucks each! Ten bucks for tacos...are you kidding me?? Anyway, I went with the flautas and hoped for the best. The rest of my group got their food and our waiter informed me that mine was still cooking. When it arrived, it was still pink and cold in the middle. I didn't want to cause a stink so I just kept quiet. Good thing I wasn't paying.

Scotty P.'s - 05-02.2007
After the mess at El Fenix, I didn't have a good feeling about attending a birthday lunch for a co-worker at Scotty P.'s. I took a leap of faith and ordered the greek salad. I took 3 bites. On the 4th bite, I discovered a HUGE nasty fly in my salad. He probably drowned in greek dressing. There was a long line of hungy people waiting for a hamburger and I didn't want to gross them out. So I quietly approached the register and whispered, "There's a fly in my salad." The employees blurted out, "WHAT? A FLY IN YOUR SALAD? WHERE??" I showed them the fly, they called a manager and he said to me, "Would you like another salad without the flies?" I said no. He said the only thing he could do for me was a refund or a gift certificate for a free meal. I took the gift certificate. So if I don't like you, please be expecting a Scotty P.'s gift certificate on your birthday. Maybe flies are good!

No comments: